“Gothic & Lolita & Punk no kai” is the name of a club at Tokyo’s Waseda University whose members are into – you guessed it – gothic, lolita, and punk fashion. Gothic & Lolita & Punk no kai hosts various fashion shows and other events throughout the year both for their members and to help introduce the Japanese public to gothic and lolita fashion. One of their most popular annual events, “Alice in Wasedaland”, drew over a thousand people when it was last held in November of 2011. “Alice in Wasedaland” featured well-known Japanese lolita model Misako Aoki, as well as a lolita fashion show by the group’s members, booths featuring handmade acccessories, and a talk show about gothic, lolita, and punk fashion.
On March 4th, Gothic & Lolita & Punk no kai will team up with the Japanese lolita fashion group “Everyday Tea Party” for an event called “Will Fashion Change the World?!”. The event – to be held in the Aoyama area of Tokyo – will feature a talk show with Ai (the leader of Gothic & Lolita & Punk no kai) and Kumamiki (one of the organizers of Harajuku Fashion Walk), as well as a lolita fashion show featuring members of both Harajuku Fashion Walk and Gothic & Lolita & Punk no kai.
Check out the pictures below from one of the previous Gothic & Lolita & Punk no kai events, and scroll down for details on “Will Fashion Change the World?!”. If you’re going to be in Tokyo on March 4th, you’re invited to attend the event! Besides learning about Japanese gothic, lolita, and punk fashion, it should also be a great place to make new friends!
Click on any photo to enlarge it.
Details on the lolita fashion event “Will Fashion Change The World?!”:
- Date: March 4, 2012
- Time: 14:30
- Place: Tokyo Womens Plaza, Shichoukaku room A & B (Map)
- Address: 5-53-67 Jinguumae, Shibuya-ku,Tokyo, Japan 150-0001
- Entrance fee: 700yen for “ordinarily dressed” people or 500 yen for people dressed in “gothic, punk, lolita or individualistic” fashion. Note: It is up to party organizer whether you can enter at the price for people in individualistic fashion, please be understanding.
Event Time Schedule:
- 14:00 The place will open
- 14:30 The talk show with Ai and Kumamiki will start
- 15:30 Interval
- 15:40 Questions and answers
- 16:10 The fashion show will start
- 16:20 All the programs will end
Information on the event participants:
Everyday Tea Party
Everyday Tea Party is an group that holds tea parties in Tokyo for girls who love lolita fashion. Their official blog is in Japanese, but features many pictures.
Gothic & Lolita & Punk no kai
Gothic & Lolita & Punk no kai is a fashion club at Waseda University in Tokyo. Their official website is available in both Japanese and English. You can also follow the club on Twitter.
Ai is the leader of “Gothic & Lolita & Punk no kai”, a fashion club at Waseda University. She organized “Gothic & Lolita & Punk no kai” in 2009 and has held events for students to promote friendship among fashion fans and for ordinary people to get to know Gothic & Lolita & Punk fashion. She was the organizer of “Alice in Wasedaland”, a Gothic & Lolita & Punk fashion event featuring clothes by Angelic Pretty, Atelier Pierrot, Black Peace Now, PEACE NOW. Nobara Takemoto (the author of “Shimotsuma monogatari”) and the Japanese musician Kokushokusumire also participated. Please feel free to follow Ai on Twitter for updates on future events. She can speak both Japanese and English.
Kumamiki manages her own kawaii fashion brand “Party Baby” and plays an active part as one of the organizers of Harajuku Fashion Walk. She also designs costumes, and has modeled for several Harajuku fashion brands. You can follow Kumamiki on Twitter or check out the official Party Baby website.
Note: If you plan on attending the March 4th event, please be aware of the following guidelines:
- Please refrain from putting bags on the seat (as the maximum number of the seat is 60), talking on cell phones, eating or drinking.
- Please fell free to take photos and movies during the event, but when taking a picture of guests coming to the event, please ask first.
- Please come in real clothes. (No cosplay costumes are allowed.)
- Please bring something to write with. (A survey on the event will be conducted.)
- If you have any questions, send an e-mail to email@example.com
Article submitted by Ai, leader of the Gothic & Lolita & Punk no kai fashion club at Waseda University.